Joseph

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

William

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Will and Katelyn Update



It has been forever since I've blogged.  I think Katelyn was 4 months old and now she is 11 months.  I can't believe I've taken so long to get back to it.  This past few months have been crazy busy and I'm so glad it is summer and time seems to slowing down.  I think another reason I've been putting it off is because I get overwhelmed when I get behind on something.  I kept thinking, "I've missed two months of my kids updates.  I don't have time right now to do that"  Soon it was 3 months, then 4 months.  I just got so overwhelmed and so I just didn't do it at all.  I finally had to tell myself to forget about making up those months and just start fresh.  That makes things feel more doable.


Will turned 4 in April and he had such a fun birthday.  My sister and I did a combo birthday for him and her daughter, Sarah (who turned 3 in May).  We had their party at Build-A-Bear.  They had a lot of fun, but it sure was a lot of work.  I'm still at the point where I'm saying, "I'll never do that again."  We'll see....   We had the cake and present part of the party in the food court of the mall.  It was sooo loud in there.  I felt like I was yelling to everyone and they still couldn't hear me.  That part of the party was the reason why I can't imagine doing a party there again.  But the kids had a great time and I know that is all that matters.


Will and Sarah giving there stuffed animals a bath.



Will and Transformer the Dog!




We had all the kids paint preemie diaper shirts for there stuffed animals.  
(It was cheaper than buying all of them a shirt, and more fun too!).




Will has also started T-ball.  He team is called the Angels.  When he first heard that he said, "but Mommy, Angels are girls"  Isn't it funny how kids pick up on these things even though we really have not ever talked about angels before.  I just told him that the angels in the Bible have boy names and I told him about the angel that was at Jesus's resurrection.  What do you think?  Do you think angels have a gender?  I tend to think that they don't.



My shy little boy who doesn't like getting his picture taken.  ;)




I hate to admit that I don't have nearly as many pictures as I would like.  I have a lot of videos though.  It's hard to take pictures when I have to hold and entertain Katelyn also.  




Katelyn is 11 months old now.  I can't believe she is so big.  I'm looking forward to her walking.  She can stand on her own for a short time but she has not been brave enough to take a step.  She will, however, walk anywhere she can holding on to something.  She is a mess.  She could have every toy she owns on the floor but she will only want the one dog toy or the one toy that is Will's that she can't have.  She is just a doll though.  So sweet and funny.  She will wrinkle her nose to smile and she claps and says "Yea".  I just love it.  I can't believe that it took me so long to decide to have a 2nd child.  What was I so afraid of?  I've really come to realize why the Bible says that children are a gift from the Lord.  He gives them to us and he will help us provide for them.


Here are some of my favorite pictures of Katelyn from the last few months.





Will is sharing his ice cream with Katelyn.  So sweet.  He is really sweet to her.


I just love this picture.


Will decided to put his tent on top of Katelyn while she was in her excersaucer.  The next picture shows them both under it.  


I told you he was sweet to her.  :)



Another favorite picture.


3 comments:

  1. The birthday party was a lot of work, but the kids did have so much fun!!! :) Will looks so cute in his baseball uniform, or more like all grown up! Such a big boy now!! Sarah is right behind him! It's hard to believe they are already 3 and 4 years old! I'm so happy that our kids are getting to grow up together! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I love the thought that they will always have memories of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you updated! I love your ticker picture of Katelyn! So cute. They are both just adorable. Will looks cute in his t-ball uniform. Children truly are a gift ;o) It's hard to think that you can love yet another child as much as the ones you already have but you certainly can!

    ReplyDelete