Joseph

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

William

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

10 Words Will Mispronounces But Are So Cute!



My son was an early mover but a late talker.  He was army crawling at 5 months and crawling on his knees at 6 months.  But, talking was a little more of a challenge for him.  Because of this, he still struggles with some of his letters.  He is improving every day, but these are some of my favorite mispronunciations.

First, names of family members.  Lots of kids can't say family member's names correctly and what they come up with are very cute nicknames.  Here are some of my sons best!

1.  His cousin Sarah has been nicknamed "Setah".

2.  My mom, Grammie, was a struggle so he says, "Gigi".  (This may never be corrected.  I like it!)

3.  His sister, Katelyn - "Katewin"

4.  And of course, our King of Kings, Jesus is called, "Keysus".  :o)



Of course, my favorite words that he misspeaks are just normally everyday words.

5.  Okay is "ohay".  He has been doing this forever.  He does say it correctly too.  But every once in a while, ohay comes out again and I smile.

6.  Thanks is "Kanks".  When he says, "Kanks, Mama"  out of the blue without being prompted, it melts my heart.

7.  Open this is "ope this" - Once again, he can say "open this", but habits are hard to break.

8.  Mailman is "mailguy" - He used to say firetruck guy, and police guy.  The mailman is a new community helper that he has learned since we have started letting him get the mail.  I guess it's easier to say mailguy.

9.  This one is not a mispronunciation, but a wrong word that he uses.  He calls mushrooms, "marshmellows".  I have no idea where this came from.  You should see the looks we get at the grocery store.  Hee hee!

10.  My favorite one...  The one that makes me laugh every time...  Monster truck is pronounced "Monster cock"  Ha ha ha!  Don't you just love it.

Please don't misunderstand me.  I am not trying to make fun of my sweet boy.  These little imperfections are some of my favorite parts of him.  When he first started talking, any word that he mispronounced and then started to say correctly, a little part of me was sad because my little boy was growing up.

Do you have favorite words that your kids say?  What are your favorites?

Do you have a Top Ten list.
Link up at Oh Amanda
 http://ohamanda.com/about-2/top-ten-tuesday/

10 comments:

  1. that's so cute. my daughter used to say what sounded like "KinKu" for "thank you". and also Ephalant!! :)

    stopping by from Amanda's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I think it's adorable when little kids mispronounce and say the wrong words. I let them say the wrong thing as long as they want. My girls say "gotted" (got) "fellded" (fell) "hitted" well, you get the idea. I think it's so cute and everyone is always correcting them. I say, they'll learn proper grammar in school. Let 'em talk the way they want! I want to hear him stay monster truck!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, great first Top Ten! Hope you keep doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Looking forward to my Squishy's first words, but enjoying where we are now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I can't wait till our girls are saying more words. It's so cute to hear little kids try to say words. I'm going to do a Top Ten Tuesday next week. I always forget and then I'm too late. Great job! I like your layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! My little guy had lots of mispronunciations too. I am sad every time he loses one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, Alicia, and Merry thanks for stopping by. It's fun to have new readers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, I agree with you. I let Will talk how he wants. He'll get it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, I can't wait until Katelyn starts talking too. I'm working on "more" in sign language because she has decided to scream on the top of her lungs when she wants more food.

    ReplyDelete